CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“Perfection can be spelled with the word paralysis” – Churchill
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Barbell Forearm Smash – 1:00/Side
2. Banded Lat Stretch – 1:00/Side
3. Barbell Thoracic Opener – 1:00
1. Pigeon Pose – 1:00/Side
2. Active Spiderman – 1:00
3. Knuckle Drags – :30s
4 Rounds For Quality:
5 Good Mornings (Empty Barbell)
5 Strict Press
5 Handstand Push-Up Negatives
Grit Squats – Week 1A
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Superset means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
3 Back Squats @ 90%
5 Front Squats @ 70%
3 Back Squats @ 94%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
3 Back Squats @ 98%
5 Front Squats @ 74%
– Reverse lunges with dumbbell(s) or kettlebell(s)
– Front squats with dumbbell(s) or kettlebell(s)
4 Rounds For Time:
500 Meter Row
9 Deadlifts (275/185)(185/125)
18 Kipping Handstand Push-Ups (Double DB Push Press 50’s/35’s)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The row should take less than 2:20
– The deadlifts should take less than :45s
– The HSPU should take under 1:30
– The weight on the barbell should be a heavier weight but you should still be able to complete the reps in no more than 2 sets within the workout.
– If you cannot complete 9+ HSPU unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps to something you could complete in 3 sets or less each round (15, 12, or 9).
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the row in a way that will allow you to push the deads and HSPU. Guys can aim to row at a 1:45-2:05 pace. Girls can aim to row at a 1:55-2:15 pace.
2. While the deadlifts are on the heavier side, we still want to hold on for 1-2 sets. If you know that your HSPU are likely to slow you down, 1 break may be helpful in managing arm/shoulder fatigue.
3. Let’s push ourselves a bit on the HSPU. Aim for 3 sets or less on these. Be mindful of your breaks and take a couple extra seconds between sets if you need it in order to stick to your strategy.
4. Have that “just start” mentality in this workout. As soon as you finish one movement, get right to work on the next.
– 400m Run
– 1000m Bike (Any)
– 400m Ski
– Sub Double Dumbbells/Kettlebells
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
– Use a 5″ Riser