CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“How much do you care about getting better?”
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Banded Lat Stretch – 1:00/Side
2. Banded Tricep Extension – 1:00/Side
3. Laying Front Rack Stretch – 1:00
1. Active Spiderman – 1:00
2. Active Samson – 1:00
3. Pigeon Pose – 1:00/Side
10 Push-Up To Down Dog
10 Pausing Glute Bridges (2s Hold At The Top Of Each Rep)
Grit Squats – Week 1A
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Superset means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
5 Back Squats @ 79%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
5 Back Squats @ 84%
5 Front Squats @ 74%
5 Back Squats @ 89%
5 Front Squats @ 76%
Snack Bar (Time)
400 Meter Run
10 Power Cleans
500/400 Meter Row
10 Push Jerks
RX – 115/85
RX+ – 155/105
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Choose a barbell weight that allows you to complete the push jerks in no more than 2 sets (bar comes from the floor).
– The run should take between 1:45-2:30 each round.
– Each of the barbell movements should take 1:00 or less.
– The row should take between 1:45-2:30 each round.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The first priority today is the barbell. Find a plan that you feel is consistent across the 3 rounds. For the cleans, this may be 10 straight, 5-5, 4-3-3, or singles. For the push jerks, we want to complete all 10 reps unbroken or have 1 break at MOST.
2. Run and row at a pace that supports your strategy on the barbell. The goal is to find the “max sustainable pace” that allows you to go big on the bar. We’d rather sacrifice a little speed here for bigger sets on the barbell.
3. Look to have the “just start” mentality today. Try to get your hands on the barbell and rower handle quickly. Shortening up the transitions from movement to movement adds up over 3 rounds.
– 500/400 Meter Row
– 1000/800 Meter Bike (Any)
– 400 Meter Run
– 1000/800 Meter Bike
CLEANS & JERKS
– Double Dumbbell