CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“Roses that are left unpruned can become a tangled mess of old and new canes, all competing for air and light.” – Elizabeth Roth
Thursday :30 Mobility
Mobility to prepare for the remainder of the week. If you have access to the gym and would like to head in to mobilize further, that is ideal. But the provided stretches are designed so that we can do these at home if need be.
1. Puppy Pose: 1 Minute
2. Shoulder to Floor: 1 Minute
3. Wrist Stretches: 1 Minute
1. Couch Stretch: 2 Minutes Each Side
2. Pigeon Pose: 2 Minutes Each Side
3. Butterfly: 90 Seconds
4. Pike: 1 Minute
5. Straddle: 1 Minute
6. Spiderman Hold: 1 Minute
Adulting (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
30 Single Dumbbell Alternating Power Snatches (50/35)(35/25)
30/24 Calorie Echo Bike
30 Toes to Bar
30 Single Dumbbell Box Step-ups (24″/20″)(20″/16″)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Choose a dumbbell weight that we could cycle for 30+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– The snatches should take under 1:30
– The bike should take under 2:30
– The toes to bar should take under 1:30 and our sets should be no less than 5 at a time. Reduce the reps if needed to something you can complete in no more than 5 sets.
– The box step-ups should take under 1:30
– Athletes can expect to get around 3 rounds in this 18 minute AMRAP.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With a longer time domain, our maximum sustainable pace will be a bit more reserved. Think about what pace we would need to keep our breathing in check for the first 10-12 minutes and use that pace to start.
2. Find a steady pace on the snatches where we are breathing and in control.
3. Aim to finish the bike in around 2 minutes each round.
4. The toes to bar can be our downfall if we aren’t careful. Let’s think of breaking into smaller sets with quick breaks if we need to in order to not hit a wall. Some options for breaking these up are: 20-10, 15-15, 12-10-8, 8-8-7-7, 5 sets of 6.
DUMBBELL POWER SNATCH
– Kettlebell Swings
30/24 CALORIE ECHO BIKE
– Same Cal Assault Bike
– 30/24 Cal Air Runer
– 36/30 Cal Bike Erg
– 36/30 Cal Row
TOES TO BAR
– Knee Raises
– Abmat Sit-Ups
DUMBBELL BOX STEP-UPS
– Dumbbell Alternating Lunges
– Goblet Squats