CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“Nothing is ever attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.” Samuel Johnson
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Banded Lat Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Wall Pec Stretch – 1:00/side
3. Wrist Stretch – 1:00
1. Kettlebell Squat Hold – 1:00
2. Banded Hamstring Distraction – 1:00/side
3. Calf Stretch on Post – 1:00/side
3 Rounds for Quality:
0:30 Banded Good Mornings
0:30 Air Squats
0:30 Down Dog to Push-Ups
0:30 Banded Pull Aparts
On the Minute x 10:
2 Box Squats
– All sets at 60% of 5RM Back Squat (up 5% from last week).
– This will be a back squat to a box.
– Set the box height at parallel.
– Input the weight you used across as your score.
Today’s Weight: of 1RM Back Squat
– Double Dumbbell Box Squats
– Double Dumbbell Tempo Squats (5s Down, 1s Pause, Fast Stand)
A Thousand Words (Time)
For Time (25 Min Time Cap):
30 Bar Muscle-Ups (Chest to bar)
10 Rounds of “Macho Man”
Barbell – (155/105)(115/85)
1 Round of “Macho Man”:
3 Power Cleans
3 Front Squats
3 Push Jerks
If you cap, your score is 25:00 plus :01 for every remaining rep.
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– If we cannot complete 10+ unbroken bar muscle-ups when fresh, let’s reduce the reps or modify the movement.
– The weight on the barbell should be something we could complete 1 full unbroken “Macho Man” complex with when fresh.
– If we are still working on bar muscle-ups at the 15 minute mark, we should move on and start working on our rounds of “Macho Man.”
– Score: Time. If there are uncompleted reps at the time cap, add 1 second for each of those reps.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Find a steady pace on the row. This will be roughly a 4:00 row so settle into a pace that will allow you to get right off the rower when you are done and get right to work on the muscle-ups.
2. Let’s aim for sets of 3 or more on the muscle-ups. Really focus on getting the hips high and pressing down on the bar each rep.
3. The most common way athletes approach “Macho Man” is to complete 2 single power cleans, then, after completing the 3rd and final clean, athletes will hold on and complete the rest of the complex unbroken. Take your time on the single cleans and take a slightly longer break before the final clean.
– 2,000/1,600m Bike (Any)
– 800m Run
– 800/600m Ski
– Ring Muscle-Ups
– Burpee Chest To Bar
– Burpee Pull-Up
– Banded Bar Muscle-Up
– Jumping Bar Muscle-Up
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Odd Object