CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“Everyone makes mistakes, not everyone owns them.”
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Banded Lat Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Wall Pec Stretch – 1:00/side
3. Barbell Forearm Smash – 1:00/side
1. Pigeon Pose – 1:00/side
2. Couch Stretch – 1:00/side
3. Frog Stretch – 1:00/side
3 Rounds for Quality:
10 Jump Squats
10 Dumbbell Push Press Each Arm
On the Minute x 10:
2 Box Squats
All sets at 60% of 5RM Back Squat (up 5% from last week).
– This will be a back squat to a box.
– Set the box height 3″ below parallel.
– Double Dumbbell Box Squats
– Double Dumbbell Tempo Squats (5s Down, 1s Pause, Fast Stand)
Fight The Feeling (5 Rounds for reps)
1:00 – Wallballs 20 / 14 lb
1:00 – Alternating Single Arm Dumbbell Power Snatches 50 / 35 lb
1:00 – Row
1:00 – Rest
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– This is a “Fight Gone Bad” style workout with minute stations including a minute of rest between rounds.
– Score: Input 5 scores (total reps per round). Your overall score will be total reps throughout the workout.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Let’s complete the wallballs in sets that we can match with minimal rest within the minute window. For example, recovering from sets of 10, 15, or 20 will take only a few seconds in comparison to sets of 30 or more. There are 5 rounds and we want to be as consistent as possible so let’s be sure to take that into consideration when chosing what your wallball sets will be.
2. Try to find a steady, consistent pace on the dumbbell snatches. 1 or 2 breaks is good to go but we should not need more than that.
3. A hard effort on the rower will not bank us many reps per round. Focus your effort on banking reps on the wallballs and snatches and just find a consistent number you can aim for each round on the row. For girls, that will likely be between 10-15 cals. For guys, that will likely be between 15-20 cals.
– Squat Jumps
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– Empty Barbell Thrusters
ALTERNATING SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL POWER SNATCHES
– Light Barbell
– Single Kettlebell Hang Power Snatches (Switch Arms Every 5 Reps)
MAX CALORIE ROW
– Max Cals On Any Machine
– Max Distance Run