CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
Remember two things:
1. This is a de-load week, don’t make up some crazy heavy workout today.
2. Thursday’s can always be used to make up a previous day’s work that you missed this week, or have fun with a workout you’ve found.
“If failure is not an option, neither is success.”
We fear the one who is willing to lose it all. The one who is willing to play full out with no reserves. The one who swings for the fences.
That’s a dangerous person. Dangerous enough… to accomplish something great.
We all have a comfort zone. A status quo. It’s warm, cozy, and familiar. But it’s a box, with a ceiling and walls that we can see and touch. It’s a world that cannot grow further than what it’s already grown to.
If we want to grow, we have to climb out of that world into the unknown. To face that chance that we may fall flat on our face, because we’re walking in new ground. Yet, as much as a “swing and a miss” may sting a bit, there’s something far worse. Worse than any of that is the pain of knowing that we didn’t try.
Life is so short.
There’s no time to bunt.
Let’s swing for the fences.
Thursday :30 Mobility
Mobility to prepare for the remainder of the week. If you have access to the gym and would like to head in to mobilize further, that is ideal. But the provided stretches are designed so that we can do these at home if need be.
1. Puppy Pose: 1 Minute
2. Shoulder to Floor: 1 Minute
3. Wrist Stretches: 1 Minute
1. Couch Stretch: 2 Minutes Each Side
2. Pigeon Pose: 2 Minutes Each Side
3. Butterfly: 90 Seconds
4. Pike: 1 Minute
5. Straddle: 1 Minute
6. Kneeling Split: 1 Minute
Shoulder to Floor
Metcon (No Measure)
Take 10-15 Minutes to work on a skill of choice.
Please work with your coach for ideas and recommendations.
Metcon (5 Rounds for reps)
Optional Active Recovery
1st – :30s row
2nd – :30s of Burpees
3rd – :30s of Bicep Curls
4th – :30s of Alternating Jump Lunges
Another more intense approach would be to treat this as an EMOM.
For that reason, RX+ will be full minute of reps, and RX will be :30 of reps.
– We will work 30 seconds of work with 30 seconds of rest for each movement for 20 minutes.
– We will end up touching each movement 5 times.
– For the bicep curls, we want to have a supinated grip so our palms are facing up. Barbell or dumbbells work here.