CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“There are two definitions of the English language for the word ‘overcome'”
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Wrist Stretch – 1:00
2. Banded Triceps Stretch – 1:00/side
3. Front Rack Stretch – 1:00
1. Banded Hamstring Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Kettlebell Calf Smash – 1:00/side
3. Calf Stretch on Post – 1:00/side
8 Minutes for Quality:
10 Banded Good Mornings
5 Down Dog to Push-Ups
5 Box Jumps with Step Down
Bench Press (5RM)
– This is a re-test from the beginning of our cycle. Our goal here is to see if we can improve slightly from when we started in this cycle.
– Record your heaviest successful set of 5 reps.
– If you don’t have a spotter, do not put clips on the bar.
Pedal Pusher (Time)
On the 5:00 x 5 Rounds:
12/9 Calorie Assault Bike
400 Meter Run
12 Toes to Bar
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– If you cannot complete 12+ toes to bar unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the reps slightly here.
– We want about 1:00-:45s of rest between rounds.
– Record all 5 split times. Overall score will be your slowest round.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Find a strong but controlled pace on the assualt bike. We want to be able to get off and get right to work on the run, not stumble around and have to shake the legs first.
2. Use the first 5-10s to ramp up speed on the run. Use the last 5-10s to dial our speed back so that we can hop right up for the toes to bar.
3. Let’s aim for 1-3 sets on the toes to bar. Knowing there is rest that follows this station, let’s push ourselves to hold on for those bigger sets.
12/9 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 12/9 Cal Air Run
– 12/9 Cal Ski
– 12/9 Cal Echo Bike
– 15/12 Cal Row
– 15/12 Cal Bike Erg
– 200m Run
400 METER RUN
– 500m Row
– 400m Ski
– 800m Bike (Any)
TOES TO BAR
– 24 Sit-Ups
– Weighted Sit-Ups
– GHD Sit-Ups
– 6 Strict Toes To Bar