CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“It doesn’t matter when we start.”
2:00 on a machine to warm
banded lat stretch
banded tricep stretch
5 samsom stretch
5 russian baby makers
8-10 scap push ups
5 tempo push ups
10 air squats
8-10 kip swings
*barbell warm up
10 kip swings + 5 toes to bar
5 tempo push ups
All Sets Based on 1RM Bench Press
Set 1-2: 6 @ 73%
Set 3-4: 5 @ 78%
Set 5-6: 4 @ 83%
– Using bench press to build some raw slow strength for the year ahead. We are building off of last week.
– We are looking for full range of motion here. Elbows fully lock out at the top (think 1s pause in the lockout) and barbell touches the sternum (chest) at the bottom of each rep. Performing the full range of motion will promote the most strength gains.
– You’ll complete 2 sets of 6 reps, 2 sets of 5 reps, and 2 sets of 4 reps. You can rest as much as you would like between all sets.
– Score: Enter the 3 weights used here.
– Double Dumbbell Bench Press
– Barbell Floor Press (Same Percentages With 2s Negative Each Rep)
– Seated Strict Press
Going Down Swinging (Time)
Toes to Bar
Lateral Barbell Burpees
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The thrusters should be performed at a weight that we can complete in no more than 2 sets on any round.
– The toes to bar reps should be manable to complete in no more than 2 sets on any round. If needed, complete the same number of toes to bar every round. In this case, choose a number that you know you will be able to complete in 2 sets.
– Score: Time
– The first three rounds (10-9-8) account for just over half of the reps of the entire workout. So let’s respect the reps these first three rounds so we can be in a position to finsh the workout faster than we started.
– Breaking the thrusters and toes to bar into two sets early with a quick break could be a good strategy to allow for us to hold onto the bars in the middle rounds.
– Recover on the burpeees early on. Find a smooth steady pace as the real seperator in this workout is who can hold on for big sets on the bars.
– Double Dumbbell
– Squat Jumps
TOES TO BAR
– 2x AbMat Sit-Ups
– Medball Sit-Ups
– Knee Raises
BAR LATERAL BURPEES
– Burpee Over A Dumbbell or Line
– Regular Burpees