CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut” – Dr. Suess
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. PVC Pass Throughs- 1:00
2. Banded Lat Stretch – 1:00/side
3. Child’s Pose On Box – 1:00
1. Pigeon Pose On Box – 1:00/side
2. Banded Hip Flexor Stretch- 1:00/side
3. Straddle Stretch- 1:00
4-5 Rounds for Quality:
5 Down Dog to Push-Ups
10 PVC Overhead Squats
5 Kettlebell Swings
10 Box Step-Ups
Positions – Static Hold Benchmark
Build to a Heavy:
:15s Overhead Squat Hold
– Aiming to build some strength and stability in our squat and overhead positions in this cycle.
– Movement quality is top priority. Let’s be sure not to sacrifice our positioning by putting a weight on the bar that our body is not yet ready for.
– Set up a clock or have someone count :15s out loud to ensure that we hold for the entire 15.
Check the Box (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Buy-In: 2,000/1,800 Meter Row
Max Rounds With Time Remaining:
2 Power Snatches
4 Overhead Squats
8 Box Jump Overs (30″/24″)(24″/20″)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– You’ll begin this workout by completing a 2000/1800m row. After the row is complete you’ll work through as many rounds of snatches, overhead squats, and box jump overs as possible.
– Your score will only include your rounds and reps completed on the bar and box, NOT the rower.
– The bar should be a weight you could complete 15+ overhead squats unbroken when fresh.
– The row should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Settle into a steady pace on the row at the beginning of this workout. This is a longer effort so pacing will be important. We also want to be able to get right off and get to work on the scored portion of this workout.
2. Let’s aim to complete the power snatches into the overhead squats in an unbroken effort. If needed, we could complete 2 singles on the snatches and complete the 4 overhead squats unbroken immediately following the second snatch.
3. Let’s pace the box jump overs in a way that will allow you to stick to your strategy on the barbell. Stepping down may be a good way to find a more controlled pace.
2,000/1,800 METER ROW
– 4,000/3,600m Bike (Any)
– 1,800m Run
– 1,400m Air Run
– 1,800/1,400m Ski
– Single Dumbbell
– Double Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Swings
– Single Dumbbell
– Front Squats
BOX JUMP OVERS
– Lateral Squat Jumps Over The Barbell
– Box Step Overs
– Reduce Box Height
– 16 Double Unders