CrossFit Indian Trail – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
“Trade your expectation for appreciation, and the world changes around you. ” – Tony Robbins
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Barbell Forearm Smash – 1:00/Side
2. Banded Tricep Extension – 1:00/Side
3. Laying Front Rack Stretch – 1:00
1. Frog Stretch – 1:00
2. Spiderman Hold – 1:00/Side
3. Bottom Of Air Squat Hold – 1:00
EMOM x 9:
Minute 1- Bike
Minute 2- 6 Push-Ups + 12 Air Squats
Minute 3- :20s Belly To Wall Handstand Hold + :20s Dead Hang From Pull-Up Bar
On the 4:00 x 3 Sets:
12 Unbroken Hang Squat Snatches
– Working our ability to hang on to larger sets.
– Be focused and stay present as we get into reps 8-12.
All percentages based on 1RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 50-60%
Set 2 – 55-65%
Set 3 – 60-70%
Unfriendly Fran (Time)
On the 4:00 x 5 Rounds:
15/12 Calorie Assault Bike
12 Chest to Bar Pull-ups (chin over)
9 Thrusters (115/85)(95/65)
– Choose a weight on the thrusters that we can complete all 9 reps unbroken each round. This will be challenging!
– If you cannot complete 12 chest to bar pull-ups unbroken when fresh, it is recommended to reduce the reps to a number you can complete in no more than 2 sets within the workout.
– The bike should take 1:00-1:30 to complete
– The pull-ups should take less than 1:00 to complete.
– The thrusters should also take less than 1:00 to complete.
– Athletes should expect to have 1:00 or more to rest between rounds.
– Score: Slowest Round
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. It’s easy to crank the Assault bike early when we are fresh. However, let’s try to increase our RPM each round. So think about what would be a challenging, but doable final round and work backwards from there.
2. We want to try and reach for a smooth unbroken set on the pull-ups here. One break at most, but we need to be fast back up on the bar.
3. Think smooth on the thrusters early, but start pulling that bar back down as we get into rounds 4 and 5.
15/12 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– Same Cal Echo Bike
– 15/12 Cal Ski or Air Runner
– 18/15 Cal Row or Cal Bike Erg
– 200m Run
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Reduce Reps
– 6 Strict
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows 50 / 35 lb’s